Monferrato D.O.C. Rosso Mompertone 2012 View larger

Monferrato D.O.C. Rosso Mompertone 2012

Prunotto

Disponibilità immediata

13,20 €

Description

Mompertone is produced with 60% Barbera grapes and 40% Syrah grapes, originating from an enchanting vineyard in Calliano, which is 300 meters above sea level. This property overlooks the gentle hills surrounding Basso Monferrato.
The wine is aged partly in barrels and partly in barriques for about 10 months, and is then aged for another 6 months in the bottle.
Mompertone has a ruby red color with violet reflections and has a bouquet rich in fruit, especially plum and cherry, with aromas of spices and coffee. On the palate the wine is very smooth, and rich in soft, elegant, and persistent tannins.

Match
It goes very well with roasted meat, boiled and mature cheeses.
Colour
Intense ruby red color with purple highlights.
Affinamento
10 months for the 60% of the wine in French oak barrels from Allier, and, for the remaining 40% in barrels of 2nd and 3rd passage.
Winemaking
The maceration lasts about 9 days at a temperature of 28/30 ° C for the Barbera variety. The grapes Syrah place instead fermentation for about 10 days, at a maximum temperature of 31 ° C.
Place of manufacturing
Monferrato.
Denomination
Monferrato D.O.C.
Year
2009
Service Temperature
17°C
Vine
Barbera 60% - Syrah 40%
ABV
14%
Bottle
75 cl
Uv_bottle_volume
750